The Museum of Science and History's Teen Intern Program is the perfect way for high school students to earn community service hours to fulfill scholarship and school requirements while inspiring the joy of life-long learning by bringing to life the sciences and regional history.
This is a year-long program that runs from May to April and requires a minimum of 100 hours. Interns will complete roughly 75 hours in the summer and 25 hours during the school year.
As part of the program you are required to sign up and complete 75 hours via one of the following options:
- Summer Camps in June, July or August
- Summer Naturalist Center Assistant
- Summer Demonstration Cart Assistant
The remaining 25 hours can be completed during the school year by volunteering at any of the following options:
- Winter Camps in December
- Fall/Spring Naturalist Center Assistant – Weekend Shifts
- Fall/Spring Demonstration Cart Assistant – Weekend Shifts
- Fall Spring Special Events Assistant – Flexible Shifts
Summer & Winter shifts are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Fall/Spring shifts are Saturday and Sunday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. or 1 to 5 p.m.
Applications for the program open yearly on February 1stwith selection taking place in March/April via application review and group interviews.
Please note: Due to the high volume of qualified applications, we cannot guarantee a space in the program for all applicants.