Mission: Student Futures is a company that wants to help students maintain success through high school, college and beyond. With a holistic approach we create educational opportunities, resources, products, and guidance that help students accomplish their goals and navigate life’s challenges. Thus, making them lifelong learners. Student Futures believes ALL students can succeed.
Melanie Black is an educator and author who is passionate about helping others and learning all she can in the process. With over twelve years of experience in the field of education, she has worked with hundreds of students. Melanie is determined to help students succeed in school and life. She is on an uncompromising mission to help others achieve success, and to lead by example.
Education & Professional Development
- Associate Certified Academic Life Coach through Academic Life Coaching (ALC) certification program
- Mindful Schools educator training K-12
- Yoga Teacher (200hr YTT)
- Kidding Around Yoga Teacher Training
- Drexel University: Studied international education
- University of North Florida: Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences for Secondary Education
- Youth Mental Health First Aid Training
Melanie has worked with and volunteered with several local organizations in Jacksonville, FL such as Communities in Schools, Junior Achievement, Pace Center for Girls, Duval County Public Schools’ Challenge Day events, Take Stock in Children, and Generation WOW.
The struggling teenager who inspired Student Futures
Click HERE to read about Melanie’s struggle in high school and college that inspired her to be an educator and start Student Futures.
Click HERE to read what students are saying about Melanie Black.