Mission: Student Futures is a company that wants to help students maintain success through high school, college and beyond. With a holistic approach we create educational opportunities, resources, products, and guidance that help students accomplish their goals and navigate life’s challenges. Thus, making them lifelong learners. Student Futures believes ALL students can succeed.
Academic Coach, Melanie Black is passionate about helping others and learning all she can in the process. With over twelve years of experience in the field of education, she is determined to help students succeed in school and life. She has completed training with Mindful Schools, which has empowered her with the knowledge to teach their mindfulness curriculum and concepts to students grades K-12. Melanie is an Associate Certified Academic Life Coach and trained under John Andrew Williams, the founder of the Academic Life Coaching (ALC) certification program, which is approved by the International Coaching Federation (IFC).
Click HERE to read about Melanie’s struggle in high school and college that inspired her to be an educator and start Student Futures.
Click HERE to read what students are saying about Melanie Black.
Melanie has worked with and volunteered with several local organizations in Jacksonville, FL such as Communities in Schools, Junior Achievement, Pace Center for Girls, Duval County Public Schools’ Challenge Day events, Take Stock in Children, and Generation WOW. Melanie is on a uncompromising mission to help others achieve success, and to lead by example.
Achieve Self-discipline, Self-motivation, & Self-efficacy with Student Futures
- Anxiety in students about planning for the future
- Lack of motivation
- Stress students experience about grades and tests
- Frustration in relationships
- Concerns about students having the life skills to be a successful adult
- Attain leadership skills
- Set goals and take steps to reach those goals
- Use effective organization and time management strategies
- Get the tools to improve concentration and focus
- Learn about research, reference, and note-taking strategies
- Prepare and perform better on tests
- Communicate effectively with teachers and professors
- Utilize resources through technology and local businesses
- Stay motivated when challenges arise
- Build confidence
- Use academic strategies that suit their learning style