The Leader In You
Get empowered to reach your potential and achieve your goals! Through self-awareness activities teens discover things about themselves they didn’t know were inside them. They discover the leader in them. Improve communication skills, interpersonal skills, and relationships. Learn how to overcome challenges when they arise. Teens analyze their strengths, challenges, interests, and analyze these qualities in others. They create their vision for who they want to be and design a plan for the future. Teens learn the skills they need to be independent and professional in the future.
Today’s educational system is becoming increasingly competitive for students, as educational institutions are being required to increase their standards. They must learn as much as they can, and learn it effectively. Now more than ever having leadership skills plays a vital role in student success not just in college but also in the workforce. Unfortunately, these skills are not taught in most schools and students are forced to “figure it out.” Emotionally this can be taxing. Some may end up hating school, their job, and become unmotivated. Their future is in jeopardy as the workforce is more competitive than ever. When students reach college, life changes and presents heavy challenges. While colleges and universities have programs to help, this program was created to help students get ahead of the game and reach their goals with less stress and more success.
Through the Leader In You Program students are empowered to reach their goals and motivated to move forward.
- Set and achieve positive goals
- Feel and show empathy for others
- Establish and maintain positive relationships
- Make responsible decisions
- Have improved attitudes about self, others, and school
- Experience reduced emotional distress
- Solve problems when they arise
- Deal with challenges as they arise
“Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” — Maya Angelou
This program enables students to be prepared for their future. Students use self evaluation and reflect on their past, present, and future successes and challenges. Students receive tips and strategies for success. They use all this information to create goals and an action plan that suits them. Students end the program with creating a plan for a leadership project. While the program ends, Coach, Melanie Black, is still available through e-mail or phone to help students complete their projects.
- Mission Statement
- Core motivation & the two types of motivation
- Power Within You: Learn about your 3 super powers: growth mindset, grit, and passion
- Discuss achievement through reverse engineering. Identify past achievements, identify the methods of success that got you there, and analyze those methods to create or edit goals
- Future Self
- Building Empathy
- Identify your Passion(s)
- Identify your leadership style
- Leadership Project
- Goal Scope: Short term and long term