Learn Like A Ninja
Learn the study skills you need to succeed!
Examine how you learn best and create systems that work for you. Obtain useful strategies for math, reading, and writing. Conquer big projects and tests. Reach your academic goals with three super powers.
This program is perfect for students transitioning from:
- Elementary School to Middle School
- Middle School to High School
- High School to College or University
Today’s educational system is becoming increasingly competitive for students, as educational institutions are being required to increase their standards. This is causing a stress epidemic amongst teenagers. They must learn as much as they can, and learn it effectively. Now more than ever being organized and using efficient study skills play vital roles in student success. Students are under immense pressure. Unfortunately, in middle and high school there is no organization or study skills class and students are forced to “deal” with everything that is thrown at them and somehow manage it all. Students are expected to know how to take notes, know how to “study” for tests, know how to manage their feelings. Emotionally this can be taxing. Teenagers end up hating school and become unmotivated. Their future is in jeopardy. When they reach college, which has a heavier workload they have trouble handling it all. While colleges and universities have programs to help, this program was created to help students get ahead of the game and reach their academic goals with less stress and more success .
- Understand and manage their emotions
- Set and achieve positive goals
- Study more effectively and manage test anxiety
- Feel and show empathy for others
- Establish and maintain positive relationships
- Make responsible decisions
- Have improved attitudes about self, others, and school
- Have better academic performance
- Experience reduced emotional distress
Students will be able to
- Set goals and take steps to reach those goals
- Recognize that emotions can affect behavior and have physical effects.
- Recognize that emotions are temporary.
- Use effective organization and time management strategies
- Get the tools to improve concentration and focus
- Identify and analyze study skills that work best for them based on their learning style
- Communicate effectively with teachers, peers, and family
- Create system(s) to stay motivated when challenges arise
- Build confidence
- Identify problems, analyze situations, and solve problems
- Identify and demonstrate when and how to use physical activity to manage emotions, thoughts, and behaviors.
- The ability to take the perspective of and empathize with others, including those from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Identify strategies and create systems that help them find balance between work and school.
- Identify interests and strengths, and build on those.
This program enables students to take ownership of their learning. Students use self evaluation and reflect on their past, present, and future successes and challenges. Students receive tips and strategies for success. They use all this information to create systems that suit them and help them reach their goals. Students can take what they learn in this program and use it year after year whenever the need arises.
- Recipe for Academic Success
- Set detailed goals
- Get motivated: intrinsic and extrinsic motivation activity
- Learn effective time management strategies. Complete a Time Assessment and Time Map.
- Focus and concentration: create systems to help when needed. Analyze physical environment.
- Experience how mindfulness can help with academics and life
- Note taking activity: Decide what strategies will be helpful for each subject
- Learn specific strategies for reading, writing and math
- Testing: Create a detailed study plan
- Manage homework and projects
- Learn how to communicate with instructors and classmates
- Activity: The Power Within You. Discover the value of a growth mindset
- Utilize a progress tracker to monitor progress