What is a mastermind group for students?
It’s a small group of 5-10 students who meet consistently to help each other succeed. At these meeting students:
- set goals together.
- challenge each other.
- learn from, and with, each other.
- build confidence in themselves and one another
- solve problems together
- gain support from their peers
How does it work?
Over the course of one quarter or 9 weeks, we’ll work together to learn stuff, analyze challenges, set goals, and share ideas with each other to be successful creators and leaders. Plus, we’ve got some fun activities and practical resources in mind to help stretch and encourage you along the way. We will meet bi-weekly, or twice a month, via Google Hangout. Each meeting will be 90 minutes.
In this program, young leaders will build relationships and receive support from like-minded youth while receiving personal mentoring from Academic Life Coach, Melanie Black.
What do we talk about?
We’ve got a long list of potential topics we’d love to discuss together, but we also know that every group will be unique. So instead of a one-size-fits-all approach, we’ll create a custom plan for each group by focusing on the six topics that matter most to you, right now. We will discuss students’ successes and challenges. Ever member gets a chance to speak in every session. We’ll talk, ask questions, share ideas, and help each other problem solve around that session’s topic. (We might even ask a few special guests to join us!)
You’ll help us choose what to discuss! Propose your own topic too. Anything we don’t have time to discuss in the group, we can set up an additional time to talk about.
- Leadership: Lead with more effectiveness, integrity, and health.
- Communication: Become a better communicator. Learn empathy. Have better relationships with family, friends, and teachers.
- Stress Management: What to do when you’re under pressure.
- Organization: How to stay organized in academics and life.
- Community Service: Become a better leader in your community.
- Technology: Leverage technology to better communicate, organize, and lead.
- Study Skills: Learn strategies that help you succeed.
- Career Ready: Explore careers that suit you and your interests.
- College Ready: Get help and advice on how to prepare for, and handle the college years.
On top of our bi-weekly hangouts, Academic Life Coach, Melanie Black will be available through email, phone calls, and texting for one-on-one conversations, brainstorming, and support whenever you need an extra hand or a listening ear.
This mastermind group may only last for one quarter (9 weeks), but it’s just the beginning of some brand new friendships, partnerships, and connections. Our private mastermind Facebook group will be one forum where the conversations can continue.
The cost to participate is $250 per participant for 1 quarter or 9 weeks. This consists of approx. 9 meetings. If you need to set up a payment plan, we can accommodate that.