KNOWLEDGE + HAPPINESS = SUCCESS
1. Mentor: Seek out the people you admire and look up to. It could be a teacher or coach. It could be a friend of the family, someone at church, or another individual who is part of a group to which you belong. If you are working maybe there is someone around you such as a boss, manager, or supervisor who you look up to. Make a list of at least 10 people you think would make a great mentor. Contact these people over the next week . Explain how much you admire them and ask for a meeting. They will be thrilled!
2. Healthy Lifestyle: Take care of your physical and mental health. Maintain a positive attitude! You can achieve anything you want. School is a lot of work, but you are still allowed to have hobbies and do things that you really enjoy.
3. Organization: Time management is essential to success!Utilize a planner and carry it with you everywhere. Look at your planner at least twice a day, morning and evening. Use Sunday evenings to plan out your following week. Adjustments can be made throughout the week, but it is beneficial to you to plan out your week ahead of time. Also, if you don’t have one create a success binder. Label and utilize tabs, dividers, etc. Every Sunday go through your binder. No loose papers allowed! Rule of thumb for papers: File them properly for each class, or turn it in to the teacher.
4. Self-Portrait Learning Style Profile: Know your learning style and utilize strategies pertaining to your learning style when studying, taking notes, etc. Student Futures clients receive a free Self-Portrait Learning Style Profile assessment. It describes all 5 aspects of one’s learning style rather than just one. Therefore, each student can have a better understanding of how to be successful. For more information click here.
5. Communication: Talk to your teachers. Ask what you can do to be a better student. Even if a student has straight A’s there is still room for improvement. I have met students who make straight A’s but are always stressed about school because they are simply not using certain strategies to make their life easier. Teachers can help you understand how best to study and take notes for their class.
Feeling overwhelmed? No worries. Student Futures academic coaching services aid students in addressing all of the above. Contact Student Futures today and schedule a free academic coaching consultation and learn more about how we help teens succeed. Student Futures serves middle school, high school, and college freshman students in Jacksonville, FL and surrounding areas.We want to help you succeed!
Keep smiling and reaching for the stars!
Leave A Comment