photo credit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Balsa_Bridge2.JPG
Projects are so overwhelming. There’s so much to do. Where do I start? How do I do it all?
- Break up big projects and assignments into pieces. Create a list of all the pieces of the project: research, edit/ review notes, write paper, create presentation, etc.
- Write next to each piece how much time is needed to complete it.
- Make a schedule! Schedule when you will work on each part of the project.
- Schedule yourself deadlines for completing each phase of the project.
- Use your smart phone and/ or a planner to create reminders, alarms, etc. You don’t have to follow your schedule perfectly, but it will act as a guide to help you complete your project. The simple act of making a schedule relieves stress regardless of how well you follow it. Besides life happens and schedules change. No worries.
- Communicate with teachers/ professors. Ask them for help with papers and projects. They will appreciate and respect that you want to do well.
Break it up!
Use the following Project Planner to get organized for an upcoming project.
Was this helpful? Find more help like this in the book, Learn Like A Ninja. Examine how you learn best and create systems that work for you. Obtain useful strategies for math, reading, and writing. Conquer big projects and tests. Reach your academic goals with three super powers.
Melanie Black is a trained Academic Life Coach and mindfulness educator. She is passionate about helping others and learning all she can in the process. With ten years of experience in the field of education, she is determined to help students succeed in school and life. “ One of my goals is to continue to be a humanitarian who helps our local community. I am passionate about my relentless pursuit of knowledge and desire to help others.“